Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Well, how was every one's long weekend?! We had some beautiful weather which was such a nice touch! We had a fabulous time camping, there is something about sitting around a fire that is just so relaxing. The kids had an absolute blast digging for treasure, catching bugs, and playing soccer with their Papa. I have to say that they were probably dirtier than they have ever been though! Every night I gave them a good baby wipe rub down and those babies were BLACK by the time I was done! YIKES!!
But we had an amazing time with our friends and families and couldn't have asked for anything better.
Just a few pictures to share with you :)







Annnd as promised, our meal plan for the weekend with reviews of how it all was! Da-dun-na-na!!

Saturday
Breakfast: Egg Casserole -
Family Recipe that you make beforehand and refrigerate. Make Thursday night and was perfect on Saturday morning.
Lunch: Hot dogs, Hotlinks, Fruit Salad, Pasta Salad Pasta Salad Recipe
Made both the fruit salad and pasta salad on Thursday night before we left, both were great, threw the dressing on the pasta right before it was served and also added some habanero cheese to it. Yumm!
Dinner: Shrimp & Chicken Kabobs, Corn Salad Corn Salad Recipe
We actually did not end up having the corn salad although I still really want to make it! There was a great deal on corn on the cob so we had that instead. The kabobs were great I used This Recipe from a prior Recipe Wednesday.
Snacks: Chips, Pico de Gallo, pretzels
I don't know about you all but I LOVE LOVE me some fresh Pico de Gallo, made a huge batch and have some left over :)
Sunday
Breakfast: Breakfast Burritos Burrito Recipe , Orange Juice
These turned out fabulous!! I was a little worried because we made them on Thursday night and didn't eat them until Sunday so I wasn't sure if the tortilla would get mushy but it didn't! You definitely want to add the salsa though, we didn't and I was a little bummed.
Lunch: Picnic Sandwich Picnic Sandwich Recipe
This was definitely a different dish, I made the bruschetta filling on Thursday but didn't actually put it all together until Sunday because I was nervous about the bread being soggy from the tomatoes. Put it all together and it was good, not great but good.
Dinner: Chili & Cornbread White Chicken Chili Recipe
This was by far my favorite meal of the weekend, this chili was amazing!!! We had everything chopped up and ready to throw in a pot and let cook. I added extra red and green peppers and wish I would have added some Jalapenos too. It was amazing though, loved it!! In fact had the leftovers for dinner last night and lunch this afternoon, cant get enough of it!
Monday
Breakfast: Breakfast Sandwiches, Orange Juice
Pretty simple and delicious breakfast. croissants, egg, cheese, sausage. Yum.
Desserts
This was what I had posted Here last week with the cones, it didn't turn out as I had expected, the cones got burnt and the fillings didn't all melt together, still good and VERY VERY sweet. Going to try them again in a different way that I have not figured out yet.

Mini Marshmallows
Waffle Ice Cream Cones
Chocolate Chips
Butterscotch Chips
Bananas
Toffee
Coconut
Reeses pieces
Brownies
Like I said, overall a fabulous weekend, and even better that its a 4 day week this week :)



1 comment: