Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Holy Cannoli!

If I had stayed away a little longer I may have forgotten I even had a blog!!! I have about a cazillion things to share with you!! I have been beyond busy these days and everytime I do something I always think to come show you all and somehow never make it here, so my deepest apologies!

First off - Hello Seattle?! You can not go from beautiful 80 degree weather for a week to a stinkin' tsunami!! You will drive us all away and be a lonely empty city, honestly though..
Being as it is Memorial Weekend this weekend (WOHOOO) I have been keeping a very good eye on our camping destination in dyer hope that it will not rain! I'm not even asking for warm weather, just that it please please please not rain! So far it is looking hopeful, depending on which news site you look at..I'm going with the sunniest looking one :)

So like I said we are going camping and I have some amazing tips and delicious treats for those of you that are doing the same!

      1. Plan Ahead!!
          I don't know about you all but I am not a HUGE fan of going to cook something every 2 hours when I am supposed to be relaxing with a fruity drink in my hand, nor do I really care to eat hot dogs and hamburgers for every camping meal just because it is easy. So this time I have taken the liberty to planning every meal and preparing it ahead of time so that once we get to the camping destination everything is premade and will just need to be cooked. Meaning not just hot dogs and hamburgers, actual delicious food and no chopping, cutting, or extra dishes!! You really have no idea how excited I am about this. I do realize that Thursday night before we leave I will want to die from cooking exhaustion but I feel like it will all be worth it when I am relaxing with a delicious beverage! :) I will post our menu and how it all works out next week., but here is a sneak of one of the meals.



      2. Be Organized!
          Since we will be taking two three year olds with us camping in the middle of the woods it really is imperative that we not forget anything! Soo I am known for making lists for lists for lists and I am happy to report that Russ is also a list maker and made the entire camping list right down to how many sweatshirts to pack, how much bug spray and sun tan lotion (I told you I am hopeful for the 77 degrees). Love that man!! So all I had to do was be in charge of the food portion and the actual packing of the clothes, toiletries, etc. so that all he has to do is load everything up. But let me tell you with organized lists, packing should take an hour tops!

    3. Yummy Treat!
         Okay, do not get me wrong I love me a traditional s'more, especially because we have been dieting and haven't had a delicious yummy in quite some time soo I am soo looking forward to it! But I saw these amazing little buggars on Pinterest and could not wait to go camping so we can try it out!


I mean you are kidding right?!
Doesnt that look amazing!?
YUMM!



I REALLY am SO excited!!! It is Friday yet!?!? Ooh only Tuesday, BOOO!!
What are your Memorial Day Weekend Plans, Family Traditions, Camping?!!? What do you have going on?! Any other camping tips when going with kids!?

No comments:

Post a Comment