Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recipe Wednesday



Hello hello !!

First of I want to give you a quick update on where the heck I have been since Vegas! You may have thought that I was left there ;) I was not, but we did have a fabulous time. However if you are planning to make a trip there I do NOT recommend staying at the Luxor, I actually will never probably step my foot in there again, just an FYI :) But it was great to get away and celebrate with our friends!

Since coming back to reality I feel like it has been a whirlwind of craziness, we have literally had something to do everyday it feels like....so now that I feel like maybe things are toning down (knock on wood), I NEED to blog!! Honestly!

Soo I have also been trying to do this lovely thing for my boyfriend every night called homemade dinners! I know, honestly what is that?! Buut I have come to the conclusion that I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook and bake, especially when the fam likes it :) Soo in light if that I will be starting Recipe Wednesday! I will post my favorite recipe from the past week, I usually get them from aton of different blogs soo you will be able to find some other yummies! I dont know about you but I am ALWAYS on the hunt for new recipes, especially healthy ones. So for the first Recipe Wednesday I present....dun dun dun....

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Courtesy of Delish.com

Servings
4-6
Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. ground chicken breast
2 tablespoons all natural or low-fat peanut butter
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
1 small can drained water chestnuts
1/2 chopped onion
Handful of cashew nuts
4-6 leaves romaine lettuce


 
Prep
1. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add ground chicken and brown; stir occasionally to separate the meat.
2. Add peanut butter, soy sauce; and teriyaki sauce to the chicken until well mixed.
3. Add water chestnuts, onion; and cashews.
4. After chicken is completely brown, let simmer for about five minutes; stirring every couple of minutes. Uncover and cook until a thick consistency.
5. Cool and serve on large lettuce leaves.

These literally are heaven, honestly, soooo yummy!! Sounds a little different with the ingredients but I promise, so very yummy and easy! Perfect for a weeknight! Let me know what you think!

xoxo Heidi

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A new blog post! And I have been wondering about these. They look super good, but like you said the weird ingredients have kinda freaked me out. Now I know I will need to try them!

    xo/your favorite blog stalker ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin!!
    Let me know what you think when you try them. By the way thank you for being my blog stalker, I actully very much enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete