Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dinner Dinner Dinner Time!

Okay fellow bloggers, I do not know about you all but I am totally into the fall crockpot mode! I dont really think I have ever fully taken advantage of the wonderful appliance that is the crockpot! You can seriously cook ANYTHING in that bad boy! You just put it in, turn it on in the morning, and viola! Dinner ready when you get home! It really is a beautiful thing! Soo with that...we have decided to try to menu plan better for multiple reasons really, but mainly we found ourselves not eating dinner until 8pm at night! Which is entirely too late, especially for the kids who then go to bed at 9pm. So this week I have to say has been HUGE success thus far and boy have I given my crockpot a workout!

I have to give HUGE kudos to http://www.crockpotgirls.com/ and my wonderful neighbor Heather who told me about them! They have dozens and dozens of recipes, I mean anything you can think of they have!
So on Tuesday we did the Chicken and Dumplings and might I just say it was AMAZING!! I love me some chicken and dumplings! The boyfriend had never in his life had it (i really dont know how thats possible) but he said it was good, although I dont think he loved it because he didnt eat much) but I thought it was great!
Here is the recipe:
http://crockpotgirls.com/recipes/main-dishes/chicken/chicken-and-dumplings/

Then last night we did Au Jus Sandwhiches - seriously soo simple and soo good!!
Let the roast cook all day, come home shred it up add some fried onions and some swiss cheese and ohhh man do you have a good sandwhich!

http://crockpotgirls.com/recipes/main-dishes/beef/au-jus-sandwiches/

Tonight steak Fajitas, but tomorrow Crock Pot Chili!
This menu planning thing is just waay too easy ;)

Have a good night everyone!

Ooh P.S. I will update you all with the exterior halloween extravaganza next week after we go to the pumpkin patch this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment