Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend DIY Decorating Spooktacular!

Well it is now Monday evening around 10pm and the kids are in bed, laundry is folded and crockpot is ready to go for the morning! New recipe I found today thanks to my wonderful neighbor Heather and her amazing knowledge of CrockPotGirls.com, honestly if you like crockpotting and are in need of new recipes like I am, check it out! They have dozens of recipes! I will report back as I make them, tomorrow's menu is chicken and dumplings, Heather did say she made it and it was AMAZING, so I am very excited to try it out!

Anyways onto this weekends projects - I was ALL about getting set for Halloween! I have been on Pinterest non stop for about 2 weeks trying to find ideas. I realized as I tried to get Halloween stuff out that I didnt really have any "Halloween" but more ATON of Fall/Harvest decor which obviously cam handy and will continue to be until the day after Thanksgiving when I can put up CHRISTMAS!! I know I said the "C" word already and it isnt even Halloween, forgive me! Soo thanks to Pinterest, I found the cutest printable banner!

(Forgive the pictures, it was night time and just taken with my phone, so they are not the greatest!)

Besides the incredibly cute banner that cost me all of $1.09, for the orange ribbon! I LOVE it! The pumpkin candles on the sconces are just styrofoam pumpkins that I found at the Goodwill for .89 cents each! Put 2 of them on the sconces and the other 2 on either side of the frames I just cut the top out and put a tealight in, perfection! The middle pumpkins are another wonderful Goodwill find, only $3.99!

You may have also noticed some little bats scattered around, they are just so dang cute!! Saw this idea on Pinterest as well, and well, I may have gone a little crazy with them... The kids absoluetly LOVE them though, and so do I! How simple just cut out black construction paper! It took awhile because there are 100 of them..haha buut, love them!


And then...there is the dining room..

Ahh, I am just loving it!! Also accomplished outside, will have to put pictures up tomorrow because like I said its dark and pictures do not look so good!



1 comment:

  1. SO LOVE THE BATS! It makes me think of how easy it would be to make those sparrows that you pay like $30 for ten of them at Target! Love the projects! :]

    ReplyDelete